Thank you for
registering your child with Infant Swimming Resource! I look forward to meeting you and working with your child!
Please review the following information carefully. I know this is a lot of information, but your child's first day will go much smoother if you take the time to read this now. THANK YOU! :)
1. Once you have completed the ISR registration and paid the $105 fee, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam folder if you do not happen to see this in your in-box. If your child was approved, please continue to step 2 below.
If your child's
registration is pending, our registration team may need further
medical/developmental information on your child, so please keep an eye on your emails in case they need further clarification in order to approve the registration. Please understand that our
Registration Team only wants to make sure we are providing the safest possible lessons for your child, and the information they request will help to do that.
2. The approval email from email@example.com contains your child's registration form. Please review this for accuracy. In the text of your approval email you will also see a “coupon code” valued at $15 to redeem at www.ISRStore.com. You may use this towards the purchase of cloth swim diapers or whatever items you like. The dive shop also sells cloth swim diapers for about $10/each.
3. You will also receive a .pdf file that contains the online version of our Parent Resource Guide. This book will answer many of your questions and educate you about our method of teaching ISR Self-Rescue® skills, as well as general water safety and safeguarding your home aquatic environment.
4. You will read in the Parent Resource Guide about the importance of your positive attitude and emotions with regard to lessons, so please keep in mind that your child is constantly observing you and taking his or her emotional cues from you. Maintaining a positive, supportive attitude throughout your child’s ISR lessons will have a big impact on your child's ISR lesson experience! If you have a question or a concern regarding lessons, please feel free to contact me at any time. I make every effort to discuss your child's progress at the end of each lesson, but if you would like to speak with me privately, please send me an email and we can arrange to speak by phone later in the day.
5. Please be sure to read the "Lesson Guidelines" document especially carefully to ensure your child's lesson experience is a great one! You will be electronically signing this document the first day of lessons, so it is important that you are familiar with it. If you have other caregivers bringing your child to lessons, please be sure they review the Lesson Guidelines form as well. You can find this document below. My goal is for each child to have a smooth and enjoyable learning experience, and parents play a very big role in ensuring that the child's experience at the pool is a positive one!
Things to bring with you the first day of lessons:
***SUGGESTION: Provided your child has already had a bowel movement before lessons, you can bring your child dressed in their swim diapers and put a regular diaper over top of all of that in case the swim diapers leak urine on your ride to the pool. It is okay if the child has a little urine in their swim diapers when they enter the pool. This helps to decrease the anxiety of having to dress them when you arrive.
DIET is an important aspect of your child’s ISR Lesson Experience. Your child should not eat or drink at least 2 hours prior to lessons, including breastmilk. In addition, infants and toddlers should avoid apple products throughout the duration of their ISR Lessons. Apple products are high in fiber, which can cause gas and bloating that will make the floating and swimming maneuvers practiced during ISR lessons much more difficult.
If at any time you need to reach me, you may text or call me at 239-267-7495.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this information so that you can be prepared for your child’s first day of lessons. I know it is a lot of information to take in, but there is a reason that ISR is the safest provider of survival swimming lessons. We at ISR truly care that each child has a safe lesson every lesson.
As a parent myself (and a former swim parent who was once in your shoes poolside), I believe in communicating everything clearly to my swim parents so that you have all of your questions answered up front. Your child’s success in lessons is of utmost importance to me, and I thank you for entrusting me with the amazing opportunity to teach them to be competent and confident swimmers and floaters! I look forward to partnering with you in this endeavor!
Certified ISR MASTER INSTRUCTOR